Fernleigh Lawn Bowling Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Fernleigh Lawn Bowling Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



The Fernleigh Lawn Bowling Club had it start as a group of carpet bowlers from the Hannah Street Methodist Church looking for a place to bowl outside. After first bowling on the property of club president A. W. Semmens in 1904, the club later moved to a location on Aberdeen and Mountain in 1908. Eventually, due to rising cost of land, the club found its permanent residence at 17 1/2 Fairmount ave. It remained at that location until the club’s dissolvement in 1997. The land used by the club and subsequently rezoned by the city for residential use. The club takes its name from A. W. Semmens designation for his homestead, the club’s original home.



Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes