A.M. Cunningham & Son

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

A.M. Cunningham & Son

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • A.M. Cunningham Studio
  • Cunningham Studio
  • Reid Studio

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1886-1968

History

In 1886, Charles S. Cochran (1854-1933) opened a photographic studio in association with Alexander M. Cunningham (1863-1926). In 1902, Cochran left and the studio was renamed the A.M. Cunningham Studio. After his son Charles H. Cunningham joined the business the name changed to A.M. Cunningham & Son. When Alexander died, Charles continued the business, which was known in later years as the Cunningham Studio. In 1955, Charles retired and sold his interest in the firm. From 1967 to 1968 the business was known as the Reid Studio. In 1969, the photographic studio closed because the building was set to be demolished for a downtown urban renewal project.

Places

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Photography studio

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes