Mercury Mills Limited

Identificatie

Soort entiteit

Instelling

Geauthoriseerde naam

Mercury Mills Limited

Parallelle vormen van de naam

Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.

Aandere naamsvormen

Identificatiecode voor organisaties

Beschrijving

Bestaansperiode

1912-1955

Geschiedenis

Mercury Mills was established in 1912 by John Penman who was an innovative knitting industry leader who moved to Hamilton from Paris, Ontario. Mercury Mills first had a plant on Park Street North. At its peak, it employed over 1,100 people at three sites in the province with the main plant built in 1916 on Cumberland Avenue between Gage and Prospect avenues.

During wartime, Mercury Mills produced materials used in military uniforms and parachutes. In later years, it faced increasing competition and eventually closed down in 1955. The building was demolished in 1983.

Plaatsen

Hamilton, Ontario.

Rechtsvorm

Functies, beroepen en activiteiten

Textile manufacturer

Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid

Interne structuren / genealogie

Algemene context

relaties

Beheer

Authority record identifier

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal (talen)

Schrift(en)

Bronnen

Houghton, Margaret. Vanished Hamilton Volume IV. Burlington: North Shore Publishing Inc., 2012.

Onderhoudsaantekeningen