Title and statement of responsibility area
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
2.5 cm of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
Original accession forms indicate that this material was donated to the Hamilton Public Library, Local History & Archives department in 1977, but the donor is unknown.
Bereik en inhoud
Twin screw (propeller) turbine-engine steamer measuring 250 x 33.2 x 12.6 feet, 1,064 tonnage, built in 1904 in Hebburn-on-Tyne, England by R.W. Hawthorn, Leslie & Company. The ship was built as a passenger ferry service between Hamilton and Toronto, Ontario. The ship could accommodate 2000 passengers and was the most luxurious and fastest pleasure steamer to ply the waters of the lower great lakes. The vessel was used overseas during the First World War and returned to the waters of Western Lake Ontario in 1924. By 1927, its days as a Hamilton area cruise ship came to an end as fewer people travelled by boat or took pleasure cruises. It was then sold and used for service between Montreal and Sorel, Quebec. The file contains a surveyor’s report on crew space, a builder’s certificate, receipts, memorandums, mortgage documents, registration and ownership documents, legal correspondence, as well as correspondence from the Turbine Steamship Company, the Department of Marine and Fisheries, Canada Steamship Lines Limited, the Department of Transport, and Marine Industries Limited, to and from the Registrar of Shipping, Hamilton.