Glendale Spinning Mills Limited
Superior Engravers (1921-)
- Superior Engravers
Item is a photograph of Glendale Spinning Mills, incorporated in 1918, and located on the east side of Glendale Avenue at Primrose Avenue. Glendale Spinning Mills was formed during the first World War by W.A. Holton of Hamilton, F.L. Chipman and Evan Chipman of Easton, Pennsylvania, principals of Chipman-Holton Knitting Company, to supply the parent company with carded cotton and hosiery yarns. New construction added 10,000 square feet of floor space to the plant in the early 1950s, while an expansion and modernization also occurred in 1962.
photographic print; b&w; 24 x 19 cm
Hamilton - Companies - Glendale Spinning Mills Limited. Black Mount Collection. Local History & Archives. Hamilton Public Library
Digital object metadata
November 2, 2015 12:44 PM