Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00131 00952-14-2
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3 folders of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Princess Margaret Rose Chapter, which began as a children's chapter in 1936, became a primary chapter in 1941. The chapter was named after Princess Margaret Rose (1930-2002), sister of Queen Elizabeth II. The chapter was disbanded in 2011.
Name of creator
The Municipal Chapter was originally called Fessenden Chapter, from 1900 to 1902, when they petitioned to have their name changed to Municipal Chapter of Hamilton, which was granted. Their first meeting under the new name took place March 3, 1902. The inaugural meeting of the Municipal Chapter at Fonthill was on April 1, 1938. This was the first meeting at the house after it became the headquarters of the Hamilton IODE. The Municipal Chapter was disbanded in 2012.
Scope and content
Series consists of reports of the Princess Margaret Rose Chapter, including annual reports and financial statements, educational reports, and membership convener's reports.
Immediate source of acquisition
This series was previously arranged as part of the Municipal Chapter subseries. The decision to change the arrangement was based on the content of the records, which pertain to the Princess Margaret Rose Chapter.