Reeks 1 - Company Documents

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Company Documents

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Reeks

referentie code

CA ON00131 1

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1918-1968 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Hamilton Cotton Company Limited

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

2 reports and 1 mortgage

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1880-1970)

Institutionele geschiedenis

The Hamilton Cotton Company was a primary cotton producer, starting its operations with raw cotton from the United States, Mexico and Brazil. It was founded in 1880 but its history reaches back to the early 1870s in Dundas where brothers James M. Young, the eldest son of a prominent Hamilton merchant family, and Hamilton Young learned the business at the Dundas Cotton mills. Production expanded in the 20th century. The Young family strengthened its holdings in Hamilton and added plants in Marysville, New Brunswick, Montreal, Quebec, Trenton and Woodbridge, Ontario. Some of the products of the company included cotton yarns, dyed or undyed, blend yarns, woven cloth, wrapping twines, cotton and synthetic braided cords, twisted ropes, and laces. The numerous buildings of the Hamilton Cotton Company stood behind the Malcolm & Souter plant on Mary Street. The main plant of the company was located on Mary Street North in Hamilton, Ontario and was sub-divided into three separate mill units: The Yarn and Cloth division, the Dyeing division, and the Narrow Fabrics Division. By 1970, the name of the business changed to Hamilton Group Limited.

Geschiedenis beheer

There is no record of how Hamilton Public Library acquired this material.

Bereik en inhoud

Series consists of two reports by White, Mossop & Erling Limited Consulting Engineers prepared in 1968 on the proposed specifications for the revisions to the power distribution system and alterations to the boiler house. There is also one mortgage report dated 1 January 1918 by The Hamilton Cotton Company Limited to Charles Sumner Scott and George Lynch-Staunton trustees.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres